2. What do you like about what you do?
Getting good comments and receiving thank you letters if we had managed to make a guest’s stay memorable.
3. What don’t you like about what you do?
That the business is open 24 hours a day, everyday. Wish we could close for holidays.
4. Please tell us about your hotel and your aims with it?
We tried to create a place where we would have stayed. The neighborhood is where I will be moving next year so the guests should be experiencing the same area too. Cihangir, nothing touristy about it, all very local, cafes, groceries. Also in the rooms, there are things that i use personally at home such as iPod docks, same TV channels that I have at home, same or even better quality towels, linens etc. We aim to do the basic service exceptional such as a good bed, strong wifi etc …
5. Are you working with blogs and if yes, what is your favourite blog?
We have a blog www.wittistanbul.com/magazine/ where there will be lots of local info, not found on the guidebooks. I personally follow Seth Godin’ blog.
8. Can you offer our blog visitors 3 things they absolutely need to do/visit/see when visiting your city?
Photographing in Galata district, dining at Sofyali 9 Meyhane, shopping at Midnight Express.
Tuncel Toprak is General Manager of the Witt Istanbul Hotel.